Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Friendly Octopus Card

Lately, I've been really interested in learning to do hand lettering. I have decent handwriting overall, and I thought it'd be fun to improve on it. I've been looking into it and playing around with lettering. There are so many cute ideas out there! Search for hand lettering on Pinterest sometime, and you will be awarded with hundreds of tutorials and ideas.

I was trying to do something fun and interesting with different lettering, but there wasn't really anything creative about what I was doing - I was kind of just copying what I had seen elsewhere. But then I decided to try doing a cute birthday card. Yeah, didn't work out. My balloons were turning out really funky for some reason. They looked like octopus heads. Then, LIGHTBULB. My Friendly Octopus card was born. I drew it by hand and then cleaned it up and colored it in GIMP (a free Photoshop-like program). I think it turned out pretty cute. :)

This was the first one I colored. After I finished it, I realized that it kind of looks like an octopus that washed up on the sand. Not a super happy sight...but hey. At least the colors are cute, right?

I like this one. It has fun, complementary colors.

I had to do one super bright color, right?

Here's the plain, white one if you didn't like my colors. Make it how you like it. :)


I don't mind if you use this for yourself or for non-commerical use, but please don't sell it or claim it as your own. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment